Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bike Shops

With the weather being what it is in Buffalo during the winter you have a lot of time to think about what you want to do with your bike. This is my '59 sportster. She is great to look at and fun to ride, but she can also be quite temperamental. While my mechanical skills are still in the developing stages I thought this winter would be a good opportunity to have her looked at by a real expert. I contacted a few shops and nobody would touch her due to her age. I was finally referred to Bob Teaz at Teaz Cycle. I dropper her off a week ago and Bob pledged to give her the once over. It looks like she is going to get a new carb and some motor work. My hope is that this will give her a second lease on life and give my knee a few more years of kicking her over. I will keep you posted on her progress. In the meantime there are some other shops that I can recommend if you're in the market for some winter work.


Performance Fabrication
801 Olden Rd, West Falls, NY 716-655-3942

Buffalo Choppers
40 Peuquet Parkway, Tonawanda, NY 716-743-0024

Teaz Cycle
270 Woodward Ave, Buffalo, NY 716-875-8195

No comments:

Post a Comment